Last modified: March, 2019
Joshin, together with any and all present or future affiliate, successor, or related entities, are referred to as “Joshin,” “App/Service Operator,” “Us,” or “We” in this document. “You” or similar terms means you, the specific person using this App/Service, as well as any other person or entity on whose behalf you are using this App/Service as well as any other person or entity who has rights through you.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our App/Service, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information“);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About the equipment you use to access our App/Service, and usage details such as which pages you visit and how long you visit each page.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (for example when you type in and provide us with your name, email address, and similar information as part of signing up for and installing the App/Service);
- Automatically as you navigate through the App/Service. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies; and/or
- From third parties, for example, from vendors and others we do business with.
- From the Joymakers (caregivers) you choose to work with, who may provide us with information and updates from time to time. Similarly, families may provide information regarding the Joymakers they have worked with.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our App/Service may, now or in the future, include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or answering questions on our App/Service, and/or as part of the onboarding process.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us through the App/Service or otherwise.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our App/Service.
- Your search queries on the App/Service.
Now or in the future this App/Service may permit you to write certain messages or postings that may be viewed by other users of the App/Service as well as by Joshin personnel (collectively, “User Comments“). We cannot control the actions of other users of the App/Service with whom you may choose to share your User Comments. Therefore, we are not responsible for any third party action with a User Contribution. User Comments are by definition not confidential as you are automatically posting User Comments to an area of the App/Service where the User Contribution may be viewed by other users.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies<
As you navigate through and interact with our App/Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our App/Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the App/Service.
- Information about your mobile device, tablet or other computer, and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our App/Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our App/Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our App/Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the App/Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Joshin, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related App/Service statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information; Data Processing
We use and process information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our App/Service and its contents to you.
- To provide care to customers and to guide independent contractors (Joymakers) in providing care to customers.
- To assist you in connecting with and scheduling care services from Joymakers. Or if you are a Joymaker, to assist you in connecting with families seeking care.
- To process payments from you for Joymaker(s) / care services. To provide payments to Joymakers.
- To process and provide any order from you for items offered through this App/Service.
- To provide you with information or other items that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights and protect our interests and those of third parties.
- To comply with applicable law including any applicable reporting requirements to government or third party insurance entities.
- To notify you about changes to our App/Service or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on or related to our App/Service.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates, if any.
- To Joymaker(s) our independent contractors.
- Personnel at Joshin.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. For example, we use a third party hosting service to power this App, and we use third parties to assist us on processing payments made through this App.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, court-ordered transfer or reorganization, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Joshin’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a legal proceeding in which personal information held by Joshin about our App/Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Joshin, our customers, families, our Joymakers or other personnel, or others.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To access, correct, update or delete your personal information, click on the edit button (pen symbol) in the app. Alternatively, you may send us an email at Support@Joshin.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, except that we may be required to retain certain information for record keeping purposes.
Communication Opt Out Choices
As required by law, if we send you out-of-app communications, such as an email or text, we will provide an opt-out mechanism within the message, if you do not wish to receive similar communications. In addition, you may select additional communication preferences or opt-outs by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.” In addition, you control the push-notifications you wish to receive or not receive by adjusting your account settings.
Do Not Track Disclosure
This App/Service does not monitor for or behave differently if your computer transmits a “do not track” or similar beacon or message.
Opt Out Tools and Choices
- Google’s Ads Settings https://www.google.com/settings/u/0/ads/authenticated or https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- DoubleClick https://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin
- NAI opt-out. http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/
Additional opt-out mechanisms and tools that may be of interest to you include:
- The Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal. http://optout.aboutads.info/
- The Direct Marketing Association’s opt-out tool. https://dmachoice.thedma.org/
Children Under the Age of 13 / COPPA
Our App/Service is not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide personal information to or on the App/Service. We do not request any information regarding our users’ age and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This App/Service may, now or in the future, include buttons or links that permit you to share and post information on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter. Any postings on these third party platforms are governed by the terms, conditions, and privacy policies of such third parties.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our App/Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Servers Located in United States
We are an entity located in the United States, and the servers and other technology supporting the operations of this App/Service are located in the United States. The App/Services is intended exclusively for a U.S. audience and users. If you submit any personal information to this App/Service (for example, if you provide your email in order to sign up for an email newsletter) you understand that you are voluntarily consenting to the transmission of such information to an organization in the United States and your information will be stored and processed in the United States. We agree only to be subject to applicable U.S. laws and not to the laws of any other country or region.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We also make use of SSL, Secure Socket Layers, technology to protect information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our App/Service. Any transmission or provision of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the App/Service. We are also not responsible for improper uses of third parties.
470 Hwy 96 West, Suite 180
Shoreview, MN 55126