Full Stack Engineer
A company is only as good as its people. The Full Stack Engineer impacts our brand, our product, and our overall success. As a Full Stack Engineer at Joshin, you’ll do a little bit of everything, and it’s all in the name of making life a little bit easier for families with special needs and the caregivers providing these families with services.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join our team as our third full-time engineering hire. We’re continuously pushing solutions to new problems, rapidly iterating on existing features in use today, dreaming up what we can build tomorrow that will have an even greater impact, and getting our hands dirty wherever work is needed along the way.
Links to your Github and other open-source repositories of your work are appreciated.
- Iterate on our new web front end (React) and existing mobile clients (React Native)
- Collaborate closely with a small team to rapidly iterate, plan, build, and deliver features and fixes
- Own and deliver maintainable code from end-to-end (we rely heavily on AWS managed services, and sleep well at night)
- Explore a broad landscape of problems, and apply your skills to add as much value as possible (feature development, testing, automation, analytics, reporting, assisting operational teams)
Who We’re Looking for
- An entrepreneurial-minded person who sees the big picture
- Exceptional collaboration and communication, we move fast and need to stay aligned
- Team player who is willing to jump out of your lane to help others, and willing to ask for help from others
- Scrappy and gritty, you get excited about diving into difficult abstract problems and keep an eye out for the simplest solution
- Strong core engineering concepts, understanding good software architecture/design, writing modular and testable code
- Understanding of the full web stack, from quirks of cross-browser compatibility to server-side scalability
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- 3+ years of full-stack application development, preferably with React, Node.js, and Typescript
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Bonus! Infrastructure experience: AWS, DynamoDB, Lambda, Serverless
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Working at an emerging company early
- We’ll leverage your passion and experience to make an impact.
Joshin is a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives in a supportive place to work.