Your Safety is Our Priority
Together, we face a difficult time and doing our very best to keep ourselves and loved ones safe. We continue to be here for you and work to find ways to support you and your family through this. Joshin has has developed some tools for you, in an effort to help as many of you still have a need for caregivers. Below is a list of recommended safety procedures to aid in safety and prevention. Virtual caregiving options will be communicated to you in the coming days, as well.
As always, please continue to follow The Center for Disease Control and Prevention for information on the prevention of COVID-19.
Planning is everything, here is a list of recommended items for an in-home tool kit:
- Hand sanitizer with alcohol solution of at least 70% alcohol
- Bottled water (1 gallon per person per day).
- First Aid Kit with prescription medications.
- Plastic dishes/eating utensils
- At least one-month of prescriptions
- Pet supplies (food, leash & carrier, vaccination records)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, cleanser, bleach, towelettes, toilet paper, trash bags, feminine hygiene products.
- Fever medication
- Face masks
- Disinfectant wipes
If you find yourself in need of caregiving support, here is a list of recommend safety measures to take prior to and on the day of your Care Date.
RECOMMENDED SAFTEY PROTOCOL: PRIOR TO BOOKING
We highly recommend asking your caregiver the following questions before booking your Care Date:
- Ask if they or your child/children are experiencing any of the following…
- Sore Throat
- Difficult Breathing
- If the caregiver answered yes to any of the above questions we would recommend that they do not provide care. Please note; we have given direction to our caregivers to notify Joshin immediately when experiencing symptoms so they are temporarily removed from the platform and cannot be booked.
- Ask if they have been exposed to anyone with the above respiratory symptoms.
- Ask if they have traveled out of the state/country in the past 14 days and ask where.
It is your decision based on the answers provided, if you would like to book a caregiver. If you decide to move forward, we would recommend the following protocol upon arrival.
RECOMMENDED SAFTEY PROTOCOL: AT ARRIVAL
- Caregiver remains at recommended CDC distance, ask them to take their temperature upon arrival (disinfect thermometer before/after)
- If temperature is over 100.4 degrees we would recommend asking the caregiver leave and remain home until they are is symptom free again within the recommended CDC guidelines.
- Ask if they have had a fever reducing medicine in the past 24 hours.
- If medical gloves and face masks are available, we’d recommend you ask the caregiver to use them during the Care Date.
Once the Care Date is over, we would recommend having the caregiver, with gloves on, disinfect the areas they came into contact with. The CDC has guidelines on frequently touched surfaces and cleaning techniques.
COMING SOON: Virtual Care Date booking option!