It can be intimidating to interview with a family or individual seeking care for the first time. What should I expect and what questions should I ask? To make things a little easier, we’ve put together an interview guide filled with best practices!
We recommend setting up an interview or in-person meet-and-greet before working with a new family or individual seeking care. This gives everyone the opportunity to ask questions. Plus, you’ll want to know what the expectations are for the job!
What to Expect
An interview can be conducted over Facetime or a video chat and they typically last anywhere between 15 minutes to an hour – however long is necessary. Another option is to schedule a meet-and-greet. In this scenario the individual seeking care invites the caregiver to their home for an hour. This gives everyone the chance to interact with each other as they would on a Care Date.
While interviews are a time to share your amazing qualities and caregiving experience, it’s important for you to ask questions as well. To make sure you have clear expectations before accepting a Care Date, here are a few questions you can ask the family or individual seeking care.
- What are the main responsibilities for this job?
- Tell me more about the skills and goals that you/your loved one are working towards. What are the expectations for me to support these goals?
- What are the most important things you would like me to know about the person receiving care?
- What does the person receiving care enjoy doing?
- Confirm scheduling! You can even pre-schedule Care Dates on the spot in the Joshin app.
So you found the right fit? Hooray! Now, you can schedule Care Dates and get paid through Joshin!